It would be easy to say that humor is my favorite personality trait but everyone thinks their funny. What everyone isn’t, however, is sarcastic.
I silently laugh when I make a joke laced with sarcasm and I see that confused look on someone’s face as they try to figure it out. It keeps me sane when I’m surrounded by stupid 8-10 hours a day.
So tell me, what is your favorite personality trait?
I’m a pretty awesome person *toots horn*. At least, that’s what my friends tell me. So, I wanted to share five interesting things about myself with you.
Let’s do this!
1. I’m (sarcastically) hilarious.
Not funny, but hilarious. Yes, there is a difference. My humor is based in sarcasm, so it’s no surprise my jokes/comments tend to fly over some folks’ heads because they miss the sarcasm. Oh wells.
2. I don’t like people.
Kidding! Well, sorta. My day job involves interacting with the public and let’s just say after a long day, I’m over John & Jane Q. Public.
3. I hate being awake before 10 a.m.
Which is ironic considering the majority of the jobs I’ve had had start times of 8 a.m. My brain isn’t fully functioning before 10 a.m. and neither is my creativity.
4. I love drag queens.
Drag queens make me happy. We all need something that makes them happy right?
5. When I’m stressed, I hum the “Peanuts” theme song.
You can’t tell me that song doesn’t lift your spirits.
Now it’s your turn. Tell me something interesting about you.
Every now and then, I have moments when it feels like absolutely NOTHING goes right. No matter how hard I try, it feels like I’m working against unknown forces.
It’s very frustrating and incredibly disheartening.
I know that trouble don’t last always and most importantly, I keep in mind that…
Sharp chest pains this morning had me stuck and panicked on the side of the toilet. After about 45 seconds, the pains went away. I got ready and headed out to work. Got to work and I felt “off”. Physically, I was there but mentally I was in space. Once I cleared the brain fog, I left work en route to the hospital. Once it was confirmed that I wasn’t having a heart attack or a stroke, I decided to take some notes to keep myself entertained. Enjoy!
– Putting on a brave face when I’m an emotional wreck. I hate crying. I need a beer. Beer makes everything better.
– Sharing a room with two annoying individuals disputing a $8 charge on a phone bill. Sir, a roaming signal doesn’t mean that the phone is off, your signal sucks.
– If the Universe is trying to tell me something, I need to know what it is.
– Will they charge me for water?
– Why is the bathroom so far away?
– Why is the door open? This curtain/sheet thingy isn’t providing any kind of privacy. Lemme go shut the door.
– He better not ask me to use my phone.
– Chest pains will get you out of the waiting room QUICK!
– How much is this going to cost me?
– Did she say I was being discharged? Is anything wrong with me? Where is the doctor?
– I got all comfy in this robe. Too bad I can’t wear this out to my car. Guess I should put my clothes on. Ugh!
It’s either laugh or cry. I cried enough for the entire waiting room so laugh it is!
I grew up watching comedic great such as Richard Pryor, Redd Foxx, George Carlin, and Bernie Mac. I love how sarcastically witty and hilariously offensive they were. They gave political correctness a the middle finger salute.
On the playground, I cracked “yo momma” jokes with the best of them. While everyone else was too busy trying to remain PC, I could give a rat’s ass less. My jokes sent kids to the school bus devastated.
As an adult, my slightly *coughs* offensive humor is heavy with sarcasm and wit. By society’s standards (who knew society had standards?), you shouldn’t laugh at 80% of what I say. Stifling laughter is bad for your soul. Throw PCness in the wind and laugh you big dummy *wink*.
As a lifetime fan, thank you Richard, Redd, George, and Bernie for teaching me to laugh without a care or concern.
- Thankful: Mom and Sister #XD31 (therecoveringpessimist.wordpress.com)
- #XD31 Days of Gratitude December Writing Challenge (therecoveringpessimist.wordpress.com)